Sunday, October 23, 2016

Soulful Spirit

Spirituality is not religion. Spirituality is soul!

Religion is manmade and as such, is controlled under the guise of doctrine.  Doctrine is written by man and man is the enforcer of doctrine.  No "God" has written the rules of man rather, man intended to create and write them for him/herself.

Since the beginning of time, mankind has battled with the skeletons of control, domination, and dependency.  Anthropologists and other scientific professions that study culture and the origins of man continue to conclude that civilization was strategically set up in order to manifest a society of dependency and a culture of control.

I like to use the analogy of animals.  History reveals that man wanted to make life easier for themselves and through this process, they figured out how to domesticate animals.  Through this process of domestication, they created a ripple, dismissing the life-force.  Understandably, life was very difficult back then and so it makes sense mankind was trying to simplify life and diminish fear  through the power of the mind.

Here lies the root of all issues in civilization.  You see, once we decided to dismiss the life-force as a soulful entity of power as well as a necessity to our existence, we diminished the value of existence itself.  We decided the soul was not possible in the alignment of nature.

Now, we face pollution and abuse, violence and perpetration in our societies and wonder why we are victims, why there are perpetrators, and why there is war.  Man has never been able to resolve the complicated manifestations of violence in our world. Why?

Religion is interpretation and enforcement of doctrine.  So too, politics.  When one finally surrenders to their own mortality in life, they begin the process of understanding the soul.  When one is afraid of facing their own mortality, they run to doctrine to help them comprehend and resolve their fear.  So be it.  If doctrine helps in alleviating the anxiety and truth about life itself, it may be good.

For me, spirituality is of abundance, peace, and love.  After I resolved my inclination and need to stay independent from doctrine (from man-made rules of existence), I became free.  I was not tied or obligated to man-made rules that really were oppressive to my womanhood.

I do not believe you must go to "church" in order to be "saved!"  Nor do I believe, in order to connect with "God" you must join a church!  I do not believe that you must admit your are a sinner in order to find freedom!  Instead, I believe God is love and God brings freedom without the rules and without judgment.  The day I was born, God made clear my value and instilled the power of love itself.  Love is all God is!  God is not manmade rules, God is not a church, God is not an angry judge, God is soul!  And within the fire of this truth exists the refinery of a soulful life I was called to live!

I am free, now that I understand!

Spirituality is not religion. Spirituality is soul! (Unpublished Works, Copyright 2016 by Madeline Gouin)




No comments:

Post a Comment